December 29, 2009





My total for all of this?  FOURTY-TWO CENTS.  Including tax!!  :o)

  • 4 Coke 2-liters - $1 each.  Used a $1/4 coupon.  Got $1 ECB for buying 3.... .75 each not counting the ECB, or since I generally pay mostly with ECBs, you could take the ECB "off the price" and say I "paid" .50 each.
  • 1 Cascade Gelpacks - $3.99, used a $1 coupon.
  • 1 Colgate Total - $2.99. Used a $1 coupon. Got $2 ECB.  Essentially free since I pay with ECBs!
  • 1 Gilette Fusion razor - $8.99, used a $4 coupon.  Got $4 ECB, so essentially just .99!
  • 1 Ivory soap 3pk - .99, used a $1...yay free + .01 overage!
  • 4 Kleenex - $2.39, on sale Buy 1 Get 1 Free.  Used a Buy 3 Get 1 Free coupon, so I paid $2.39 for all 4, just .60 each.  Not bad for the Kleenex brand, and the new anti-viral at that. 
  • 1 J&J Baby Shampoo travel size - .99, used a $1 coupon adjusted down.  Free!

I used a $15 ECB I got for doing a survey for CVS, and then paid .42!!  That ECB was awesome to earn, especially since I didn't have to roll any of my other ECBs into this transaction (why I bought the Cascade, the tissues, and the Coke, really since they weren't really free...I do tend to pick up the razors when they're .99 so I probably would have bought that though)...used that $15 ECB, got back $7 ECBs...normally that wouldn't be good for me, but I counted that $15 as "play money" if that makes sense...so it was nice to still earn ECBs from using it.  Almost like they "paid" me $22 for taking that survey in a way?  Yeah, I'm a nerd, I know.  ;o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment