This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Aladdin. All opinions are 100% mine.
Aladdin has created the Do The Reuse Challenge. This challenge is a 30-day commitment by participants to give up disposable products, like water bottles, food containers/plastic bags, and paper products like cups and plates. The more participants, the merrier, and they would love for you to take the challenge! There will be nine families blogging about the challenge and their experiences on their website. Would you be interesting in participating? What a HUGE impact a challenge like this could have if word got around and many people accepted.
Did you know...
● Seven million barrels of oil are used to produce the disposable bottles Americans go through in one year.
● In the United States, 50 billion disposable water bottles are consumed per year; 137,000 per day; 1,585 per second.
● It costs about $165 a year to make drip coffee at home versus $636 to buy drip coffee at your local café.
● Unless we change our habits, 23 billion paper coffee cups will be thrown out in 2010.
● Nine dollars will generally cover a decent lunch out. If you buy rather than pack a lunch five days a week, you shell out about $2,350 a year.
This challenge actually comes fairly easily to frugal families because we already reduce the use of many of these products due to their cost. I normally keep a few disposable type items on hand when I can get them for free or super cheap, so that I can use them for parties where lots of guests will be here, and paper towels so my mom doesn't have a heart attack when she is over (hehe, love you mom), but when it's just us here, we mostly use re-usable items. I will gladly take the challenge!
As a bonus, if you are needing to purchase some re-usable items, by signing up for the challenge you can get discounts and free shipping on selected Aladdin products by shopping through their website, www.shopaladdin-pmi.com.
You can also check out Aladdin on Facebook , where I am sure they will be posting updates on the challenge.