March 3, 2012

Start Your Engines

Author: Isiah Williams




Monday night proved to be one of the most exciting evenings I’ve had in a long time. I was bummed when the Daytona 500 was rained out on Sunday. I had planned my Sunday afternoon around watching it on my Direct TV Cary North Carolina and knew there was no way I could skip work to watch it at noon on Monday. Fortunately Mother nature was on my side and the race was postponed again until Monday night. Not only did I get to watch my race but got to see the Daytona 500 run under the lights! Boy was is a great race. The wreck at the very beginning was very unfortunate, taking out some good folks who had high expectations. While I was disappointed for them, it opened up things for some other drivers who might not have had as much of a chance, like Matt Kenseth who managed to win his second Daytona 500! He doesn’t get a lot of attention and I don’t think he’s considered one of the series’ top driers but the guy can obviously drive if he’s won what is arguably NASCAR’s biggest race twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment