August 22, 2011

Should they watch?

I appreciate the guest post, Ignacio Phillips

I’m first and foremost a mother and I’m having a bit of a hard time making a decision about something. My kids are wonderful and intelligent but I’m really afraid to let them watch the news and so far I haven’t allowed them to watch any this year! I just feel like all that’s ever on the TVBYDIRECT.com news channels is bad stuff about the economy or some war or something like that and I’m not sure that at such a young age it makes sense for my kids to be exposed to such negativity. I’ve tried to pull out some inspirational pieces from the paper for us to talk about as a family but they’re few and far between so I don’t really know what to do going forward. It’s tough living in a world where literally no news is good news and I wish sometimes that the age of information wasn’t quite as pervasive as it actually is. I don’t want my kids to watch it and to be honest, I don’t want to either!


No comments:

Post a Comment